Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Rickitt Partnership LTD and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Rickitt Partnership is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our office, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
- What personal data we collect
- How we use your data
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
What we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you for our legitimate interests. These may include:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address and in many cases telephone numbers (including mobiles) and postal address
• Your communication and marketing preferences
• Depending on what you are contacting us for, additional information may be collected from you
• Your interest, preferences, feedback and survey responses
• Your location
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about with information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information ( either in the course of a legal transaction; or in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
How long we retain the data for
We retain information for as long as necessary to fulfill our business and/or operational purposes or comply with a legal request.
Please see our separate page on cookies.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social media policy and usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• You have the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
• You have the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
• You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification)
• You have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you by clicking the unsubscribe button and to object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object)
• You have the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to “restrict processing of data”, which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing)
• You have the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with the personal data we hold about you
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact Rickitt Partnership’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) Emma Rickitt: email@example.com
Please be aware that if you do decide to exercise the above rights, we will need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if we deem your request to be complex or you have made a successive number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If any information that we collect is intended to be used for marketing purposes it will display a box that you must click to indicate that you are happy for the information to be used by us for marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about how Rickitt Partnership uses your personal data that are not answered here; or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data; or if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers and commercial platform suppliers.
In some cases we may share data with our affiliate partner, The London Office (TLO).
Rickitt Partnership only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Rickitt Partnership will not sell, distribute, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties except as set out below.
• We have your permission to do so
• We are required by law to do so to comply with our legal obligations
• To governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, insurers etc…
• To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
• For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
• For the protection of our employees and customers
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please e-mail the DPO at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to the privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make this clear on our website or by such other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before continuing to use the Rickitt Partnership website and our services.
This privacy notice was last updated on 26th May 2018.