Welcome to Rickitt Partnership, Chester’s Premier Independent Estate Agents
Welcome to Chester’s premier independent estate agency, Rickitt Partnership. Keep checking into our news pages for all the latest industry news; helpful hints and tips on buying and selling property; local news and information as well as gems of historical knowledge.
First and foremost though we would love to tell you a bit more about us – who we are, what we do and how we can help you on the way to your next property adventure!
Who are we?
Rickitt Partnership has been set up by Tim and Emma Rickitt. They felt that there was a real gap in the market for a service-led, proactive estate agency. With Tim’s wealth of experience of the residential property industry and Emma’s legal background, there is no doubt that their complementary skills have successfully delivered their vision.
By his own admission, Tim is a veteran of the Cheshire estate agency industry. He first cut his teeth working in Knutsford in 1991 followed by a tenure in London in the early 1990s. After which time he moved back to his home county of Cheshire and in 1998, together with a close colleague, he set up Rickitt Grant estate agency in Chester. It soon became a roaring success, winning Best Independent Estate Agency in the North-West at the illustrious NAEA Awards just a year after launch. Over the ensuing 30 years Tim has continued to make a real name for himself and has built up a reputation for never-ending enthusiasm, professionalism, passion and in depth local knowledge, not to mention a healthy smattering of charm!
Emma started her working life at English Heritage’s London HQ, then went to work at a large City law firm where she gained her law degree, she then worked in a number of legal jobs including at a branding consultancy where she specialised in intellectual property. After moving to the North West 15 years ago, Emma worked for The Reader, a Liverpool-based charity and while there gained an MA in Reading in Practice, the study of the therapeutic uses of literature. Emma has passed the Level 3 Technical Awards in both Estate Agency and Lettings.
Lucy’s background is in Fine Art and Antiques. She has worked for several auction houses including Sotheby’s and Bonhams. Lucy also has a number of years experience in estate agency, having worked for both Savills and Strutt and Parker in Chester. She is well known in the area for her hard work and dedication. Lucy is studying for her level 3 technical award in the sale of residential property.
Danielle has more years’ experience than she cares to admit to of marketing small businesses in Cheshire. She is really enjoying bringing her skills to Rickitt Partnership and, as she has an innate love of property and different styles of architecture, she is really enjoying marketing the range of beautiful houses and apartments that we have on the books already– from stylish city apartments, to elegant Georgian townhouses and characterful country cottages.
What Ralph lacks in years, he makes up for in charm, charisma and good looks. There is nothing Ralph likes better than meeting and greeting clients old and new in his office. He may appear to sleep a lot on the sofa but his mind never rests, always thinking of new ways to assist his clients and grow the business.
One of his proudest achievements is his collection of Ralph’s Reviews – insightful reviews of the properties on our books from a pug’s eye’s view. His unique take on property reviews has proved very popular with vendors and viewers alike and has somewhat of a cult following!
What we do differently
Because we are an independent estate agent and because we are selective about the number and type of properties we market, it means that we can stay true to the premise which underpins our business – to ensure that we deliver an exceptional customer experience.
How we do this:
- In depth knowledge of industry and market trends, the local market and of each property on our books. With some bigger agencies it can be hard for employees to have a working knowledge of each property on their books. At Rickitt Partnership each member of our team knows every one of our properties. Where possible we all view each property, this gives us a real feel for the property and is invaluable in helping to match the right properties to buyers’ needs.
- Consistency Our agents will look after a property throughout the whole process from initial enquiry to completion, this means that both vendors and buyers have the benefit of communication with one main contact.
- Proactivity Simply put we go the extra mile to ensure that the properties on our books are sold for the best price in the best time scale. To achieve this we employ a number of industry-leading techniques:
- Superior quality photography and floorplans – to show properties to their best
- Extensive digital marketing – on the Rickitt Partnership website, rightmove.co.uk, The London Office website and through our social media platforms – facebook and twitter
- Bespoke magazine and press advertising – where applicable we utilise a number of different print publications, ranging from local press to regional glossy magazines, national press and national magazines
- Broad marketing reach – we have the ability to market our properties through the London Office which is based in St. James’ Place in the heart of central London. The London Office offers access to a market of buyers in the Capital as well as National and International buyers.
So now you know a little bit more about us please call us on 01244 322 322 or feel free to pop in to see us at our office on Upper Northgate Street and say hello. We are a really friendly bunch – an especially enthusiastic welcome is guaranteed from Ralph, the cutest dog in Chester!